Buyer Raw Materials
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force everything to do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. If you like to help us be the world's leading home appliance, this is your chance.
The Wroclaw location has around 1600 professionals. We launched the serial production The Supreme NoFrost platform in Refrigeration Factory (NEO Project)
A person will be responsible for conducting operational activities for a commodity or set of commodities within a region towards financial and quality targets, manage supplier to support project execution, ensure manufacturing operational support and provide critical data to support sourcing strategy, project execution and contract negotiations.
Your tasks in this role will include:
- Supplier Management:
1. Provide performance data to support the supplier report card (as needed)
2. Develop risk mitigation plans for suppliers
3. For assigned portfolio manage supplier relationships
4. Is responsible for Procurement related system data entry & management
- Contract Negotiations:
1. Provide data to support regional contract negotiations
2. Lead all regional contracts sign-off for assigned supplier portfolio
- Sourcing Strategy:
1. Provide supplier performance data to support strategy
2. For assigned portfolio lead strategy development
3. Execute the implementation of the regional/global strategy
- Delivery Management - manage escalations:
1. Manage the entire PO process (issuing, updating & closing).
2. 1st level of escalation within Commodity Management team
- Quality, Engineering & Technology Engagement:
1. Recoup financial impacts when an incident occurs.
2. Manage execution against corrective action plan.
3. New Model Introduction - provide input for project management process in line with project timing.
4. Determine regional ESI sourcing plans.
5. Provide data for supplier selection.
6. Award supplier & debrief finalists for the assigned portfolio.
7. Coordinate supplier qualification business audit, (as necessary).
8. Ensure purchase orders are placed for tooling (as needed).
- Cost Reduction:
1. Analyze supplier cost performance data
2. Drive cost reduction projects
3. Be responsible for monthly reporting activities for the commodity/commodities (MPV)
Background and Experiences:
- Masters technical degree or degree in Economics.
- Few years of experience on a buyer position. Multinational company is a plus.
- English is a must, Polish or Italian is a strong asset.
- Availability to travel (driving/flying) minimum one week per month without constrictions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Teamworking skills.
Candidate must be able to provide employment in a country in recruit for; Neither Relocation and / or Visa assistance provided.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to an equal opportunity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading home appliance company, with approximately $ 21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and research technology centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana , Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major names throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be on LinkedIn, Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp and learn more about career opportunities at Whirlpool at emea.whirlpoolcareers.com
Not Just an Appliance Manufacturer
We are committed to further accelerating our pace of innovation. Consumers are beginning to desire connected appliances, which fit seamlessly into the larger home ecosystem. We are excited to bring new technologies to the market, including scan-to-cook, voice control, and remote service diagnostics. We're always looking for new, innovative ways to strengthen our position in the emerging space.